About this course
Cultivating the Four Immeasurables
*To register for the stand alone version of the course click HERE*
With Ven. Tenzin Chogkyi
His Holiness the Dalai Lama has often commented that the foundation of Dharma practice is cultivating a good heart. As important as mindfulness and concentration meditations are within the Buddhist tradition, it is crucial to balance such practices with the cultivation and development of altruism, good will and care. The practice of the Four Immeasurables are the ideal technique for achieving this goal.
The Four Immeasurables, or the Four Brahmaviharas, as they are called in the Pali tradition, are loving-kindness, compassion, empathetic joy, and equanimity. These characteristics are essential qualities that when developed lead to constructive emotions, well-being and genuine happiness.
This education and practice-based online course is suitable for beginners as well as more experienced practitioners wanting to deepen their experience of the Four Immeasurables and the cultivation of heart.
- 6 Modules, Specifically Designed for You to Move at Your Own Pace
- Over 3 Hours of Educational Video Content
- Guided Audio Meditation Practices
- Over 30 Pages of Educational Reading Material
- UNLIMITED Access to All Course Material
- Monthly Zoom meeting with course instructor, Venerable Tenzin Chogkyi (starting in November, timing to be determined and will change each month to enable everyone a chance to participate)
- Interactive discussions and reflections with other course participants.